Today, we are excited to release Schema Premium version 1.1.0, which has support for new schema.org types including MedicalWebPage markup.
We’ve been asked to include support for MedicalWebPage to our plugin. This came from a pre-sale question, and it seemed to be a good idea.
Healthcare and Medical Schema Markup
Even though; Google doesn’t tell much about MedicalWebPage and whether it’s supported by its search engine. There is a clear indication that such markup is on Google’s radar.
If you are in the healthcare industry and you care about your SEO, you need to know Google will eventually push you to use healthcare and medical schema. The decision is whether or not you want to be ahead of this directive or running behind it in an effort to catch up.Rebecca Gill – emagine.com
What’s new in version 1.1.0?
In Schema Premium version 1.1.0, we’ve added support for new schema.org markup types starting from
and its sub-types (more specific types).
– Adding support for schema.org WebPage
We’ve included support for WebPage and its more specific types:
Enabling you to markup more content differently on your website.
Once you add a new WebPage type, you can set a more specific WebPage types to use on your website content.
We keep working on completing and extending supported schema.org types in future plugin updates.
= 1.1.0 =
- Fix: Bug in plugin license settings when entering bundle license key.
- Enhancement: Added support for schema.org WebPage type.
- Enhancement: Added support for schema.org AboutPage subtype of WebPage.
- Enhancement: Added support for schema.org CheckoutPage subtype of WebPage.
- Enhancement: Added support for schema.org MedicalWebPage subtype of WebPage.
- Enhancement: Added support for schema.org ProfilePage subtype of WebPage.
Check out the Schema Premium plugin, and make sure you upgrade to this latest release.