The Schema for WooCommerce extension provides integration between Schema Premium and WooCommerce plugin in terms of schema.org Product markup.
For better search engine exposure and to gain Rich Snippets in search results, a Product page must have a valid schema.org markup implementation.
What is schema.org Product markup?
The schema.org Product type is code (semantic vocabulary) that you put on your website to help the search engines return more informative results about your products and online store, including rich snippets.
WooCommerce already has Schema!
WooCommerce has its own schema markup for Product, but it gets broken sometimes.
This could be for different reasons, example of that would be Google changing the way markup works, or requiring a specific data to be included in markup.
The Woo Team are busy!
They don’t really follow Google changes since it’s not the core of their development, and we agree with them! They should focus on building great eCommerce plugin more than other things, and let us handle the schema structured data.
What Schema WooCommerce extension does?
Schema for WooCommerce extension do the heavy work for you. It integrates Schema Premium with WooCommerce and adds new features to allow you implement valid schema.org structured data markup in your WooCommerce store.
Does It Support Variable Products?
Schema WooCommerce extension supports WooCommerce variable products*, this feature will allow you to add all the missing schema:offer properties (see screenshots below).
- Output more comprehensive schema.org Product markup.
- Output ItemList of Products on WC Shop front page, and terms.
- Extend WC variable products*, add new variations custom fields.
- Extend WC grouped products markup (new).
- Nest user reviews within Product markup.
- Support for Product photo gallery images.
- Allow you to add Item Condition.
- Automatically add Brand property to all products (new).
- Automatically add priceCurrency property to all products (new).
- Automatically add SKU code to all products.
- Automatically add GINT-8 code to all products.
- Extend Schema Premium > Product markup output.
- Remove duplicate markup generated by WC in extension settings.
- Provide valid markup for Google Merchant**.
*Variable products are a product type in WooCommerce that lets you offer a set of variations on a product, with control over prices, stock, image and more for each variation.
**Google recommend you add new structured data markup with JSON-LD, separate from your HTML markup, especially if your product data contains variants.
Schema WooCommerce is an extension for Schema plugin version 220.127.116.11 and up. You must have Schema Premium installed on your website to use this extension.